Saturday, March 13, 2004

Stories of the Past: Part One

I'm going to start writing a few of the more eventful moments of my past in here. They will be long. So if you don't want to sit through a long post, stop reading. If you don't want to know little things about me, go away. Otherwise, welcome to my memory.

I have to put a disclaimer on here. If only for my own self. What I write is only how I remember it. It could have been different or the years could have changed things. I don't know. I'm just telling what I remember.

Today will be the story about Dad's 2nd Girlfriend's Son. We'll call him d2gs.

K so to set it up d2gs smokes pot. I don't have anything against it. A lot of my friends smoke it. My mom smokes it. My only problem is when a person doesn't respect house rules about it. My dad doesn't like it smoked in the house. He says if you're going to smoke it go into the garage. Simple enough right? You can take chairs out there even. You can blast your music. It's just attached to the kitchen. What's the problem?

D2gs rarely if ever smoked it in the garage. He smoked it in his room. Which was upstair adjacent to the living room with the only good T.V. in it. Not a problem so far. Here's the problem: 4 friends and loud stereo while Damian (little bro) and me are trying to watch a show.

Damian and I got fed up with the music and new d2gs hated country music. So we popped in Shania blasted it (Dad has a kick ass system in the living room) and sat outside. A few minutes go by and the country stops. I go in and see it was turned off. So I turn it back on because Adam is still blasting his music. I go back outside. Another few minutes pass. Again Shania stops belting out her tunes. Damians turn to go in. He comes back out and says it was unplugged. Again a few minutes then silence from Shania. I send Damian again because I am LAZY. Damian walks in sees it's unplugged and goes to plug it back in when d2gs goes crazy. He was watching from the hallway. He started to threaten Damian telling him things like: "I swear to god if you turn that on I'll kill you." I freak. You do NOT threaten my little brother. and you certainly don't chase him around. It's my job to try and kill him and may your gods help you if I catch you messing with him. So I barge into the fight and yell at d2gs.

Now I have to tell you that he and I never got along to begin with. He called me fat and would tell me to join Weight Watchers and stuff like that. I'd call him a loser and ignore him. Or I'd do nefarious little things. Like flip the power switch to his room in the middle of the night to reset his clock, making him wake up late (not that he went to school or anything). I think I felt my territory was being encroached on.

Right back to the story. So I barge in and yell. D2gs yells back. Insults exchanged. Threats tossed about. Then I grab a folding chair. I was a mad Amazon Woman protecting my territory. I don't know if I would have really hit him. He grabbed the chair and demanded I let go. Tug-of-war begins. It's me and him fighting back and forth over it. And right durring the middle of it I see a picture of a cartoon in my head doing the same thing. Only in my brain one cartoon lets go just as the other character is pulling their hardest. Thus I copy. D2gs gets smacked upside the head with a foldable chair and Damian and I hitail it downstairs. Not gonna stick around for that. He's got big friends.

About an hour later my dad and D2gs' mom get back. Dad comes storming downstairs and demands Damian and I go appologize. I refused. I was threatened. I go upstairs under protest. Damian appologizes to D2gs who is now sobbing on his mom. I stand in the hallway in all my fury with my arms folded across my chest like some disapproving Mother Superior from a nunnery. I absolutely refused to appologize to him for any of it because of some of the things he'd said durring the fight. If he'd appologized for those I think I would have appologized. But he didn't. So I didn't.

And that is the end of story one. Tune in next week for Dad's first girlfriend's daughter and I duking it out. And my revenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home