Friday, May 07, 2004

I see you from the corner of my mind

You thought you'd left. You thought I would forget what you looked like. You thought I'd never see you again. You thought.

You really shouldn't think though. It's a disappointing venture.

When you thought you'd left? You hadn't. Well you had, but you didn't get all of yourself back. I still have a small part of you. It's called a memory. If I have a memory of you, you will forever be here.

When you thought I'd forget what you looked like? Yeah you were wrong. I spent enough time with you to have at least your face in my memory. I'll see your features in those strolling around me or lounging in the club.

When you thought you'd never see me again? You were wrong. You'll catch a glimpse of me in a store. Or you'll see me driving around my town. Maybe I'll even have a chance to say hello to you as you're waiting to turn. And maybe, my hello? It'll leave you so stunned you miss your opportunity to turn. Instead? You watch as I drive away laughing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home