Monday, May 03, 2004

The Sky is Falling

When it rains I want to laugh now. Because rain is falling from the sky. And I think to myself "the sky is falling, the sky is falling..." And I remember the times that I would go dance in the rain with my friends and force them into playing ring-around-the-rosie with me.

That was only about 3 years ago.

I remember the times when I was little that I would wait for a rainstorm then run outside and sit in the gutter. The gutter had the warmest water. I'd squish my toes in the gutter mud and form dams with my feet. Then I'd lay sideways and let the warm water rush around my body.

Or the times I would be walking and a rainstorm would start. The rain would drench my hair and make me hide my glasses in a pocket since I could see just as well without them as I could with them slathered with rain. And as I continued walking in the rain I'd open my mouth and try to catch raindrops in my mouth. Or I'd catch rain as it poured down my face.

I'd skip. I'd hop. I'd dance. I'd run. All because it was raining. And somewhere in my mind would be the small little voice screeching "The sky is falling... can you catch it?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home