Thursday, May 25, 2006

Useless Wishes

Sometimes I wish that I could be deaf. The deaf can't overhear conversations. The deaf can't be nosy. They don't but into conversations. They have no idea if their best friend in the world is saying the worst shiv in the world. They can be blissfully happy in their ignorance.

Sometimes I wish I could be blind. The blind can't see the hurt on the faces of those around them. The blind can't see how badly someone looks after a break up. The blind can't see those little smiles that should be meant for her but go to another. The blind can't witness betrayal.

Sometimes I wish I was dead. But that's a useless wish. I can't die. I have to hear. I have to see. The world is cruel and I have to be here... watching... listening.... crying.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Geoff said...

you asked for comments
So here is my comment - I think you need to be grateful of what you have.
If you have all your senses be grateful.
Geoff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home